Select a dance location. If you are not certain what CSC dance location you want, click here to fill out our form and we’ll contact you to determine the best location and class.
California Sports Center offers DANCE at the following locations:
A map of the locations offering dance is shown below. Click on the red markers to see our contact info.
CSC Dance is a performance-based program.
We host two performances during the year.
We also participate in numerous community events.
Click the links below for details!
Our big event is a Summer Recital. This is a formal performance on a large stage with elaborate costumes. Your child is not required to perform in recitals, but be aware that as we approach recital dates a majority of our class time is spent on recital routines.
All Shows: TBA @ California Theatre
- SHOW 1 – tba (doors at tba)
- SHOW 2 – tba (doors at tba)
- SHOW 2 – tba (doors at tba)
- SHOW 3 – tba (doors at tba)
$TBA EARLY BIRD. $TBA on rehearsal day and at the door (if we have tickets left). Everyone needs their own seat except children ages 2 & under sitting on a lap. Any tickets that are not sold will be available for purchase at the California Theatre at dress rehearsal and on the show day. Unfortunately, you will not be able to choose your desired seats at that point.
If you ordered online, you’ll have two options for how you want your ticket delivered. You can have it emailed to you (emailed tickets have to be printed) or you can choose to have TutuTix mail you foil-embossed keepsake tickets for an additional fee – with your dancer’s name printed directly on the ticket! (allow a week to receive these tickets) Please note that tickets cannot be scanned, you must print your ticket, showing your email will not be accepted.
OFFICIAL PHOTOS will be taken tba, 2018 @ tba. Times are assigned per class. Please have your order forms completed with payment, ready to turn in.
Photo schedule 2018 Malone (pdf)
Photo schedule 2018 Great Oaks (pdf)
Photo schedule 2018 Race St (pdf)
Photo schedule 2018 Cambrianna (pdf)
- All performers will take a group photo – individual and buddy pictures are optional.
- PRE-PAY ONLINE and skip the line on photo day. Of course, if you are not comfortable ordering online our friendly staff will be happy to assist you on picture day. Just don’t forget to bring your smile!
- *If you are ordering for more than one, just type in the group name when you select each product. To order online, Simply click the link below, and enter code: cscd17
Once completed, simply send the receipt with your child on picture day. There is no need to fill out an envelope with this method.
Dance Recital Info Letter 2018 (pdf)
- Students are to be dropped off in full costume with hair and makeup done.
- Preschool dance classes will perform just one of the disciplines they learn in class (tap, ballet, or hip hop).
- Students with costume changes must have their items labeled, organized, and kept in protective bags. Please make sure that if your child is in more than one routine that they arrive in their first costume with appropriate dance shoes on.
- Make sure additional costumes are brought backstage with your dancer. A CSC staff member will help your child get ready for their next number.
Drop off Info:
- Dancers are expected to be dropped off 30 min. prior to the start of the show at the Market Street single door Stage Entrance. Parents are not allowed backstage unless they are a volunteer.
- After dropping off your performer, you’ll walk around the block and line up to enter at the front of the theater on the First Street (opposite) side of the building.
- Extra items (i.e. street shoes, jackets, bags, etc.) are not allowed back stage.
- Before and during the recital, CSC staff members will provide supervision and activities for the dancers backstage to keep them safe and entertained while you enjoy the show.
Pick up Info:
- To respect all performers & dance families, we are asking that you stay throughout the entire show.
- The pick-up location is in the lobby near the Market Street entrance.
- Performers who are in 2-3 year old and 3-4 year old classes will be released to ONE parent in the Market St. lobby after they perform on stage. Once released, performers may sit with their parents to enjoy the rest of the show.
- Performers who are in 4-5 year old, 5-6 year old, and 6+ classes will be escorted to the balcony after they perform to watch the rest of the show, where they will be supervised by CSC staff members or parent volunteers. Performers will not be released from the balcony until the end of the show.
- After the show, students will be released by dance and age (youngest to oldest) in the lobby near the Market St. entrance.
- Please send only ONE parent to the lobby, where they will SIGN OUT their dancer.
California Theatre Rules:
- Food and drinks are NOT allowed in the California Theatre. If you bring food or drink items you will be asked to discard them.
- Photography and video recording are allowed during dress rehearsal ONLY. No photography or video recording is allowed during shows. A professional videographer will record each show and DVDs will be available for purchase.
At our December Winter Showcase, parents get an opportunity to enjoy a show and see the progress of their child. Costumes are simple and admission to this recital is free (there is a small charge per participant to cover our expenses for staffing and facility rental). Students get an opportunity to perform in front of an audience in a small venue.
Next Winter Showcase: December 15, 2018
Once again this year we are accepting donations at our shows to benefit…
SHOW TIMES tba for 2018